Sunday 22 July 2012

Anybody who has succeeded in using MKNetworkKit?

I am having a bit of trouble following this. I am using XCode 4.2 on Snow Leopard

I am trying to evaluate using MKNetworkKit to replace some hairy network code I wrote a year or so ago....

So I am testing out the Upload Photo project at FiestyGoat

I used GitHub to download MKNetworkKit to my documents folder.

I built MKNetworkKit-IOS

Then....
I started by creating a new workspace (Uploader) and then a new project (Upload) as a single view application using storyboards. The project is in Desktop/Xcode Projects/Upload.

I then dragged the MKNetworkKit subfolder (i.e. the one that contains Reachability & Categories) to the project
copying the files across

I then dropped into Finder and removed the two unwanted files (NSAlert+.....h/m) and cleaned the project.

Then I modified Upload-Prefix.pch

#ifdef __OBJC__
    #import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
    #import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
    #import "MKNetworkKit.h"
#endif

Then I tried to build it and I get an error "'MKNetworkKit.h' file not found"

Now I am pretty sure that I am missing something pretty simple but cannot figure out what. I am pretty sure that if I was supposed to change project settings somebody would have mentioned it.....

Any idea what my stupid error is?

1 comment:

  1. I finally cornered MK at an IOS DevsScout meet.

    It looks like I copied the MKNetworkKit folder incorrectly - I should have copied the contents rather than linking to them.

    ReplyDelete